When to eat our baked goods
All-In Biome Balance™ Bagels
The bagel is great for any meal. Eat it with butter, cream cheese, mayonnaise, dip it in balsamic vinegar, etc. Basically, any other food that is low in sugar. It is the backbone of getting to 50 grams of fiber per day. But it has a lot more than just fiber. Each 100-gram bagel delivers:
- 1 gram of beta glucan fiber. This is the best fiber of all. It has been shown to reduce blood cholesterol and LDL levels. It reduces fatty liver deposits. It is an immune modifier, enhancing immune function when it is low and reducing it when it is high. We need this fiber in our diet every day.
- 25 mg lutein. Lutein is an antioxidant that is critically important to eye health, especially improving night vision in aging eyes.
- 1.5 grams of activated charcoal. Finely ground charcoal powder absorbs toxins inside the intestines. All food contains natural and some unnatural toxins. Charcoal absorbs these materials, protecting us and our bacteria from harm. Don’t be surprised when your poop turns an elegant black color! This is the charcoal powder. We do not digest or absorb it.
- 10 grams of flaxseed meal. Flax is a rich source of the essential fatty acids, linoleic and linolenic acids. We must get these in our diet as our bodies cannot make them.
- 16 grams of fiber from whole wheat, flaxseed, cocoa powder and resistant starch.
All-In Biome Balance™ Cookies
The cookie is great as a dessert after dinner, or anytime you think you deserve a reward. It is low in sugar and high in fiber, so it is not a threat. It will help you get to 50 grams of fiber daily to keep you and your microbiome smiling. Each 50-gram cookie delivers:
- 0.5 grams of beta glucan fiber.
- 5,500 ORAC antioxidant units
- 10 grams of fiber from whole wheat, cocoa and polydextrose
- Made with whole wheat flour, butter and chia seeds
About the Owner Leonard W. Heflich
A visionary leader, with a 40 year plus career in the food industry as a food scientist, product developer, plant manager and food safety expert. His is an innovator and problem solver, with a particular ability to collect the pieces of a complex, intractable puzzle, and put them together. It's time to correct the misinformation and fill in the missing information on health and nutrition. He wants us to live longer, healthier lives, because we can!
My Areas of Expertise:
• Food Safety and FSMA Compliance
• Leadership Coaching
• Risk Assessment and Management
• Strong Innovation
• Wheat Quality
Be sure to check out Lenny's new book "Live as long as you dare!" Click here to buy now!